PDPA Policy for Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School
The Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School (AISS) Personal Data Protection policy explains how AISS
collects, uses and disclose personal data.
AISS collects, uses and discloses personal data in accordance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2012. In general, prior to the collection of any personal data, we will notify, whenever possible, the purpose for which the personal data may be collected, used and disclosed.
PURPOSE FOR COLLECTION, USE & DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA
The main purpose for which personal data is collected, used or disclosed by Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School is to provide the educational services, deliver teaching and facilitate learning to our students. In the process of doing so, we wish to highlight that
- Personal data of students enrolled with Ahmad Ibrahim Secondary School may be used and
disclosed to third parties for school related activities, training, events, competition,
scholarships / awards nominations and exchange programmes
- We will be evaluating information from application forms by students and applicants for the
purpose of assessment of the application
- We will be handling the data for student related matters, such as candidate matters,
exchange programmes, achievements, placements, programmes or courses
- Collecting and processing data for student related activities (e.g. festival celebrations,
orientation, student camps, conferences, student benefit activities) which may be provided
by AISS to enhance student’s life, create networking opportunities, foster community spirit, holistic development of students
- Photographs, personal images by photography, video recording and/or participations in
media interviews may be used for the general media, the school’s website, newsletters,
collaterals, posters and publications, as well as for distribution and viewed by stakeholders
and members of the public.
- Disclosure is allowed or required by law or regulation, Ministries, government agencies
where we are required to do so by applicable law and/or regulation.
DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES PERMITTED UNDER
STATUTORY EXEMPTION UNDER THE ACT
In order for the school to conduct school operations smoothly, AISS may disclose your personal data to our third party service providers, affiliates, or related organisations.
AISS will not disclose your personal data to any third parties without first obtaining your consent
wherever possible or unless any such disclosure is permitted under any of the statutory exemptions under the Act or under the following circumstances.
- Disclosure is required by law; or is necessary for any investigation or proceedings
- The purpose of disclosure is in your interest and consent cannot be obtained in a timely
- Disclosure is necessary to respond to an emergency that threatens life, health or safety of
yourself or others
UPDATES ON PERSONAL DATA PROTECTION POLICY
AISS will update the policies, procedures and processes on a regular basis to ensure that we can
improve the manner in which we manage, protect and process your personal data effectively. We
may amend the terms of this personal data protection policy at our discretion from time to time.
If there are any clarification regarding the PDPA policy, please contact us via email at
Updated Feb 2018